When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
With Black Friday 2020 officially over, Cyber Monday is less than a day away now, and we're already seeing early deals on all kinds of tech products from laptops and TVs to gaming gear and headphones.
Every major online store — in particular tech giants like Amazon — are throwing down deals right now through Monday. However, Best Buy has it all, from that new monitor for your home office upgrade, to smart doorbells and security systems for that security update as well as that new 4K TV for the den.
The word's still out on what the best deals of the day will be with Best Buy on Cyber Monday proper, but in recent years past, there have been massive savings, like $450 off 75-inch 4K TVs, steep discounts on smart home devices, like the Nest and Google Home Mini, and savings on nice-to-haves like noise-cancelling headphones and Bluetooth speakers.
What we do know: on Sunday Best Buy already has solid deals up on Xbox controllers, laptops, and new 4K TVs of all sizes and prices. What's more, the electronics retailer is helping you get your new gadgets faster by offering in-store pickup on some online orders.
Below are some of the best deals we've found that are live now, and answers to a few questions you might have about shopping Cyber Monday at Best Buy.
Top Best Buy Cyber Monday deals
How do we choose the best deals from Best Buy?
- We only choose products that meet our high standard of coverage, from brands we've tested and trust.
- We compare the prices against other retailers like Amazon, Target, and Walmart and only include the deals that are the same or better (not including promotional discounts that come from using certain credit cards).
- We research price history thoroughly to ensure that every deal we list is actually worth your time.
When is Cyber Monday 2020?
Cyber Monday 2020 takes place on November 30 and, if last year's sale was any indicator, the deals will start rolling in at 12:00 a.m. CT this year. It's a bit different than Black Friday; as the name suggests, Cyber Monday sales are typically online-only, whereas Black Friday will still offer some in-store discounts. The discounted products are generally the same, though Cyber Monday leans a bit more tech, and you can snag equally exceptional deals both days.
That all said, there are also Best Buy Cyber Monday deals that start as soon as, well, today: Sunday – and those deals will carry on into Monday and potentially later in the week as stock allows.
Can I order online and pick up in-store?
Best Buy offers both in-store and curbside pickup for online orders. Just select the option that works best for you when adding to your cart to knock off any extra shipping costs and, sometimes, expedite your order's arrival. You'll need your ID, the credit card used for the purchase, and order number when you get to the store. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, you must also wear a face-covering to enter the store to pick your order up.
Here are the options:
- Contactless Curbside Pickup: Keep contact to a minimum by selecting this option at checkout; you'll receive step-by-step instructions via email to receive your order as smoothly as possible, all from the safety of your car.
- Fast Store Pickup: Or just store pickup at checkout, you can get your order as soon as within an hour of placing it.
- Free shipping to stores: If the item you're ordering is out of stock at your local Best Buy, you can have it shipped to your store for pickup, free.
- Friends and Family Pickup: Send a gift to a loved one via your closest Best Buy location or have someone you trust pick your order up for you with this option. Shipping to store is still free.
- Warehouse Pickup: For larger purchases like home appliances, select warehouse pickup to avoid scheduling conflicts and heavy shipping costs by picking your order up straight from the warehouse. Most metropolitan areas have a Best Buy Warehouse nearby; find a warehouse (it'll say in the name) near you here.
What should I buy from Best Buy during Cyber Monday?
The discounts you should expect from Best Buy this Cyber Monday are very similar to those you can hope to see during Black Friday. It leans heavily on tech: TVs, audio gear, smart home accessories, gaming peripherals and the like are all deeply discounted over Cyber Monday.
If you're planning to buy a TV, do so on Cyber Monday. We're already seeing notable drops, like $500 off the 75-inch LG NanoCell 80, $1,000 off the 65-inch Sony A8H OLED, and $70 off the 32-inch Insignia HD Fire TV. This year, we expect to see the same range of TVs on sale; no matter your budget or size requirements, you're sure to find something that fits your needs this Cyber Monday.
Headphones and speakers always drop to notable lows during the event, and 2020 should be no different. Whether you're looking for earbuds, Bluetooth headphones, portable speakers, home theater soundbars, or bookshelf speakers this year, so long as you can hold out til Cyber Monday rolls around, you can find a solid deal.
Smartening up your home is never as affordable as it is during Cyber Monday. Discounts always include accessories compatible with both Google smart assistant and Amazon Alexa, along with the speakers and smart displays.
Though typically less pricey a purchase than something like a TV, PC and gaming peripherals always fall to lows on Cyber Monday. Gaming mice, keyboards, headsets, and SSDs from brands like Logitech, Razer, HyperX, and Samsung see deep discounts every year during the event, so don't miss out if you're looking for something specific.
What is My Best Buy?
My Best Buy is the free program offered by the retailer that can get you some extra discounts and perks, members only. Some of the perks include, but aren't limited to, early deal access and the Black Friday price guarantee going on now. You don't need to be signed up to shop the deals, but if you're planning to shop from Best Buy at all this Cyber Monday, it's worth signing up — it's free.
Which is better, Black Friday or Cyber Monday?
This year, with most shopping taking place online, the difference between the two days will be less distinct — in-store exclusives will be a thing of the past as buyers stay home and opt for safety. Both days will offer exceptional savings, of that you can be sure.
If you're worried about encountering buyers' remorse amongst the flurry of discounts, don't fret; when buying through one of our posts, you can be sure you're getting an actually good deal (and we'll always include details so you can make the most informed purchase possible). As a rule of thumb, it's always safe to buy a deal on either Black Friday or Cyber Monday themselves, especially if we note that it's a new low.